Barack Obama called Wright his “spiritual guide.” There are, in fact, a number of comparisons that can be made between Black Liberation Theology, Obama’s political movement and the Jim Jones cult movement, as follows.
● Messianic leader with a God/messiah complex (Narcissistic Personality Disorder)
● Savior of the black race and redeemer of guilt feelings of whites
● Doctrine based on social justice
● To produce transformation of America and the world (by whatever means is necessary)
● The “Savior” will create a socialistic Utopia (biblical kingdom) on earth
● The biblical “kingdom” will be a physical, political entity via dictatorial control by the Messiah
● Politically active and influential
● Satanic/Luciferian in that it promotes the idea that man (esp. Jim Jones/Obama) is God
● Non-belief in a spiritual heaven
● Poses as Christianity, while violating the most basic principles of Christianity
● Hostile to traditional Christianity, which is scapegoated for keeping blacks and others oppressed
● Most ignore bizarre religious concepts of the Jim Jones cult until disaster strikes, as many are doing with Obama presidency
● Political activism. Many do not realize that Jim Jones was very much involved in progressive politics in the San Francisco area and had national political contacts.
● Deceitful staging of events at rallies, such as women fainting and attacks by opponents, to make an impression on the crowd. Jones was a faith healer and staged many types of events, such as revelations and healings, besides followers having fainting spells.
The Jim Jones cult had a death wish and the Obama movement has a collective, national death wish. That is, they would destroy (fundamentally change) America, as we have known it, if given a good opportunity to do so.
You can observe many of these parallels to the Jim Jones cult in this documentary below.
One big difference is that the news media still did honest investigations at the time of the Jim Jones cult and today the news media is as a whole one of the biggest supporters of – and apologists for the Obama movement.
Obama’s childhood mentor in Hawaii, Frank Marshal Davis was a follower of Paul Robeson [Ref 2], an early black messiah figure, and Jim Jones was also connected to Paul Robeson.[Ref 3] Jim Jones was investigated by the House Un-American Activities Committee, because he associated with Paul Robeson, a communist fellow traveler and black nationalist.
Robeson was asked in 1948 to be the vice presidential candidate by the founder of the New Progressive Party, the occultist and communist sympathizer, Henry Wallace. Wallace was a FDR cabinet member and vice-president, who was primarily responsible for convincing Franklin Roosevelt to put the “New World Order” (NWO) symbolism on the dollar bill. He dropped out of the 1948 presidential race after the relationship with his Rasputin-like occult guru in Russia (Nicholas Roerich) was made public.
1. A Sankofa Moment: The History of Trinity United Church of Christ by Jeremiah Wright, Jr.